When a small cup of hot chocolate is just not enough on a cold wintery day,
make a bowl of warm and deliciously rich Chocolate Soup!
Ready in 20 minutes
Medium size sauce pan.
2 small bowls
Measuring cup and spoons
- In a saucepan bring 4 1/2 cups milk to a simmer over medium heat. Add butter, when butter is melted, the milk is simmering.
- In a small bowl, stir 1/2 cup milk and the flour until smooth.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave bowl and microwave chocolate for one minute, remove and stir, place back in microwave for an additional 30 seconds, stir until smooth
- Whisk the melted chocolate into the simmering milk.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to milk in the saucepan and continue to whisk in sugar and cinnamon, return to the simmer. Cook, whisking until thick and smooth – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let rest about a minute. Serve warm
- Top with the marshmallows, graham crackers or shortbread cookies for dunking into the soup.
Your soup will be smooth and rich.
Heat for your body and warmth for your soul.