Brownies are a cross between a cake and a soft cookie. I’ve made hundreds of batches of brownies. I’ve added nuts, chocolate bits, M&M’s, cranberries and pumpkin, caramel, coconut, and peanut butter. I’ve made them chewy and cake like, but I have never made avocado brownies until today!
Avocados are packed with loads of healthy benefits, and mixed with American Heritage Chocolate, you have a two super foods blended into one flavorful delight!
Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake 40 to 45 minutes
- Electric Mixer
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 7×11 inch cake pan
- Small Microwave safe bowl
- 2 Avocados
- ¾ cup sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
1. Grease pan with butter or non stick cooking spray
2. Melt ½ cup of American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix in microwave for 1-2 minutes and stir. Set aside.
3. Remove the seed and outer skin of the avocados and mash the fruit with a fork.
4. Beat mashed avocado with sugar with a mixer on medium high speed until creamy.
5. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue beating.
6. Blend in melted chocolate and beat until avocado mixture is smooth. Remove bowl from the mixer.
7. Stir in by hand almond meal, salt, baking soda and ¼ cup of American Heritage Chocolate Drink Mix until combined.
8. Fold in chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
9. Spread brownie mixture into greased 7×11 inch pan.
10. Bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minutes.
The Chocolate Avocado Brownies are rich and creamy, just as silky smooth as a piece of heaven. If you like chocolate and avocado, also try out our recipe for Avocado Chocolate Pudding.
To order the American Heritage Chocolate Drink and other American Heritage products shop on-line at The Old North Church Gift Shop at: http://old-north-church-gift-shop.myshopify.com/