Welcome to spring!
With just a few ingredients you will have a festive Easter/springtime treat.
Chocolate Macaroon Birds Nests
Electric or hand mixer
Large Mixing Bowl
Medium Mixing Bowl
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Bake for 15 minutes
Makes about 20 macaroons
1-14oz. package of sweetened shredded coconut
4 large egg whites
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink Mix
- Fill your Birds Nests with a Marshmallow Peeps, Jelly beans or Easter egg.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper
- Beat together vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl at a high speed until the eggs are light and foamy
- In a mediuim bowl, stir the American Heritage Chocolate Drink Powder into the coconut
- Fold coconut mixture into the eggs
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of the coconut dough and firmly squeeze them into balls.
- To make a birds nest, use your thumb and gently press an indentation in the top of the macaroon ball and pinch the sides of the macaroon to hold together
- Place the ball about 1-inch apart on the parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake until firm about 15 minutes
- Let cool on the parchment sheet or on a wire rack for about 15 minutes
Place Marshmallow Peep in the nest. Add some jelly beans, gum drops, raisins or M&M’s too. Your children will love helping you fill your bird nest.
They are cute and taste good too. A perfect edible decoration for your Holiday Table
To order the American Heritage Chocolate Drink and other American Heritage products shop on-line at The Old North Church Gift Shop at: http://old-north-church-gift-shop.myshopify.com/