Trick-or-Treat! Do you dare to try our no-bake Halloween Monster Treats using American Heritage Historic Chocolate Drink, vanilla wafers, and molasses? They’re Franken-tastic!
The Captain’s Halloween Monster Treats
2 ½ cups vanilla wafers, crushed*
¼ cup American Heritage Chocolate Drink
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup white corn syrup
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 package of small candy eye balls
1 tube of frosting or gel
* (a 250g box of vanilla wafers equals 2 1/2 cups)
- Crush vanilla wafers in a food processor and set aside.
- Mix the molasses with the white corn syrup (I like to use the Karo syrup) and stir until well blended.
- Stir together the American Heritage Chocolate Drink with sugar. Then stir in to the syrup mixture.
- Add crushed vanilla wafers and finely chopped nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into walnut sizes balls.
- Dredge the balls in ¼ cup of American Heritage Chocolate Drink or leave them plain.
- Use the tube frosting or gel to secure the eye ball on to your monster treat.
- Store in an airtight container overnight. Your Monster Treats will taste the best if you let them set over night before you serve them.
- Scare the kiddies with how delicious these treats are!
From all of us at Captain Jackson’s Historic Chocolate Shop, we witch you a Happy Halloween!