It’s blueberry season here in New England, and what could be a more perfect summertime treat than pairing blueberries with zucchini and chocolate?! Try our scrumptious bread made with American Heritage Historic Chocolate, zucchini, and blueberries. I promise you, it’s divine!
Chocolate Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
1 cup of American Heritage Chocolate Drink
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 355 degrees.
2. Lightly grease and dust with flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the American Heritage Chocolate Drink and coconut oil for one and half minutes until melted. Stir chocolate until smooth. Set aside.
4. Grate zucchini with cheese grater on to a clean dish towel, roll the grated zucchini up in the towel and squeeze out excess moisture. You will want to have 2 total cups of shredded zucchini after it been drained.
5. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla, and chocolate coconut mixture; beat well.
6. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and blueberries. Pour batter into lightly greased and floured loaf pans.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
The bread is rich and moist. You can really taste the spicy chocolate, the blueberries explode in your mouth, and the zucchini binds it all together. It’s a scrumptious flavor combination.